DISCIPLING YOUR GRANDKIDS IN A DANGEROUS WORLD
God can and will use grandparents to head off these destructive trends in the lives of our grandchildren. The Master Life Coach Training Institute offers a 16-part online course to equip you to use Christian life coaching to positively interact with your grandchildren in a way that can counter the dangerous effects of modern trends.
“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
A TOOL FOR DISCIPLING YOUR GRANDKIDS IN A DANGEROUS WORLD !
Cancel culture, sexual distortion, critical race theory and other cultural shifts have penetrated our public education system and our society. Clearly we live in a post-Christian era. But there is hope … Godly grandparents.
As Christian grandparents, you have a unique opportunity to influence and support your grandchildren’s spiritual growth. Here are some tips to help you fulfill your role effectively:
- Pray for your grandchildren: Make prayer a priority and intercede for your grandchildren regularly, asking God to guide and bless them.
- Be a role model: Demonstrate a Christ-like lifestyle in your words and actions. Your grandchildren will learn from observing your faith in action.
- Share your faith story: Share your personal experiences and testimony of how God has worked in your life. This can inspire and encourage your grandchildren in their own faith journey.
- Provide spiritual guidance: Engage in conversations about faith, answer their questions, and provide age-appropriate explanations of biblical principles.
- Read and study the Bible together: Encourage regular Bible reading and study with your grandchildren. Explore age-appropriate devotional materials or children’s Bibles to make it more engaging for them.
- Attend church together: If possible, take your grandchildren to church with you. Engage in worship, attend age-appropriate classes or activities, and participate in church events together.
- Encourage involvement in Christian youth groups or activities: Support and encourage your grandchildren’s participation in Christian youth groups, camps, or retreats that promote fellowship and spiritual growth.
- Teach about Christian values and virtues: Instill biblical values such as love, kindness, forgiveness, and honesty in your interactions with your grandchildren. Help them understand the importance of living out these values.
- Engage in service and outreach together: Find opportunities to serve others as a family. Volunteer at local charities or engage in acts of kindness that reflect Christ’s love.
- Support their parents’ spiritual leadership: Encourage and support your grandchildren’s parents in their role as spiritual leaders. Collaborate with them to reinforce consistent biblical teaching and values.
- Be available and attentive: Create a safe and open space for your grandchildren to share their thoughts, struggles, and questions. Listen attentively and provide guidance and support when needed.
- Celebrate faith milestones: Celebrate important milestones in your grandchildren’s spiritual journey, such as baptism or confirmation. Make these moments memorable and affirm their commitment to Christ.
Remember, your influence as a Christian grandparent goes beyond words. By loving, accepting, and demonstrating Christ’s love to your grandchildren, you can make a lasting impact on their faith and character development.